Obviously I Am Not a Golfer (or Hamster Ball Racer)

Obviously I am not a golfer, but this golf tournament has inflatable hamster ball races. Those I am also not good at. I go 0-for-2 and almost fall through a plastic hole. Because I lose both races, I am not…

On Cannabis, Shapeshifting, and LGBTQA Pride

Gender & sexuality are messy and layered There is a lot of complexity around the concepts and movement of Pride in regards to the LGBTQA community and cannabis.   I’ve been openly bisexual for many years and just this past…

Cannabis Consumers Happier, Healthier, and Wealthier

For so long, the same tired narrative surrounded cannabis culture. Lazy stoners, unmotivated and antisocial, lounging in basements and park benches smoking the devil’s weed. Folks with no cares or responsibilities, who make few positive contributions to society, perpetually engulfed…

Moto Perpetuo Farm is Lil’ Mama Approved

We know parents are the key to the legalization and normalization of responsible cannabis use. That’s why we made Splimm – to stand up as mothers and fathers and add our voices to the chorus demanding an end to prohibition.…

Splimming with Cannabis Cultural Association: Activism in the Big Apple

If you’ve been around the East Coast cannabis scene lately, it’s highly likely you’ve run into the crew from the Cannabis Cultural Association (CCA). From Boston down to D.C., the CCA has been hard at work spreading their message of…

Happy 420, Splimm Parents: Good Job Getting Shit Done

We know it doesn’t mean the same thing when you’re a parent. If you’re up at 420 am, you’re probably comforting a crying baby or pissed that your preschooler is on a crazy sleep schedule. When 420 pm rolls around,…

National Cannabis Festival: A Celebration of DC’s Cannabis Community

In a week that’s jam packed with activities for the cannabis community, the 2nd annual National Cannabis Festival stands out as different approach to the 420 holiday. The NCF, on the Festival Grounds at RFK Stadium in DC, is an…

How Much Candy Can the Cannador Hold?

As parents, we know better than most that just because something’s damaged, doesn’t make it useless. So when Zane from Cannador mentioned that he had a perfectly good unit sitting in his warehouse with a tiny chip in the corner,…

With Love in our Hearts: Happy Valentine’s Day

Image by: Sierra Rivers Hollister Happy Valentine’s Day, Splimm community! Shower the world with your love, love, love!  

This Cynical, Petrified Heart: Marching in Montpelier

By Nathaniel Miller, Northfield, VT   We took our just-4-yr-old to the Women’s March in Montpelier. He carried a sign that said “We are the Storm” on one side and “This isn’t normal” on the other (thanks, @justseeds!). To him…