May It Be So: Women’s March, Faith & Intersectional Feminism

By Rev. Courtney Stange-Tregear, Seattle, WA I will remember it as a glorious, exhilarating, dreadful kind of day. The kind of experience that defies categorization. I was thrilled to be there and honored to be there in an official capacity…

How Are You Feeling?: Post Inauguration Reflections

By Myra Sessions, Boston, MA How have I been feeling since the inauguration of Donald Trump to our highest office? It’s complicated.   I feel angry that our most sacred values are being violated. I feel angry that our President…

Photos from the Women’s March in Denver

Photos of the Denver Women’s March, taken by Barry Lauder. Signs and people line the streets. And if you don’t have one, maybe be quiet and listen? Everyone gets involved. Ground level.   words by splimm

I Had to Show Up: Intergenerational Action in Baltimore

By Kimberlee Reiter Swift, Baltimore, MD   When I woke up to the news that Donald Trump would be our next president I, along with millions of my fellow Americans sobbed. I felt fear, anger, confusion and horror. What had…

Boston Will March

By Nichole Gregg, Boston, MA The sound of beating hearts has pulled me from my slumber, a once sweet slumber now bitter and encumbered by the rhetoric of the right, a growing parasite, who use the spotlight to incite gunfights.…

A First Protest: Women’s March on Washington

Rani Wilder, Baltimore, MD This was my first protest march ever and I knew I had to do this, to be with like minded women who believed in basic human decency. It was truly a wonderful and eye-opening experience. Naturally…

Compassion, Conversation & Action

By Samantha Montanaro, Portland, OR   The Women’s March was one of the most powerful experiences of my life. Knowing that at on the same day millions of people all around the world on EVERY SINGLE CONTINENT were coming together to…

We Are The Resistance

Sierra Rivers Hollister’s powerful illustration reflects the intersectional goals of Women’s Marches across the country and the globe on January 21, 2017. Issue 8 of Splimm is dedicated to the Women’s March and the actions to preserve democracy that have…

Survey: Calling All Cannabis Consumers!

Hey Splimm Community: do you want to shape the development of the cannabis industry to benefit consumers and patients? Here’s your chance to provide some important input! The Cannabis Consumers Coalition is completing its first behavior report and is looking for cannabis users to weigh in…

Fashion Forward with Purpose

Who is that rocking a Comme des Garcons pullover and Rick Owens shoes, waiting in line to buy cannabis, looking very fashion forward? It’s hard to tell anymore; since everyone loves weed, there are so many possibilities. If they’re wearing…